Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

AdSense earnings for UTM campaigns not available in Analytics since implementation of DFP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since going live with our new DFP setup halfway last September the earnings of our AdSense ads are not showing in our Analytics account anymore.

When running directly AdSense previously (before DFP) I connected AdSense to our Analytics account. Since that time I could simply go in Analytics to Acquisition > Campaigns > All Campaigns and then select AdSense. In that view I could filter specific AdSense earnings per set UTM campaign. I still can go to that view only the AdSense earnings are not recorded/shown anymore.

We have several publishers running campaigns for us using an UTM-tag in their URL. Those publishers get paid based on the figures showing in Analytics for their specific campaign ID.
Since turning DFP on (with AdSense running ofcourse) the stats from AdSense don't come through so I don't know how much money they made for us.
PS. Not sure what forum, since this issue is DFP/AdSense/Analytics related

Please help me with a workaround or a solution since this seems to be a bug in DFP. See attached screenshot.

analytics-adsense-view.jpg

AdSense earnings for UTM campaigns not available in Analytics since implementation of DFP

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response A T!

This article seems to focus on where ads or custom creatives are leading to and escaping or not escaping that URL.

I just want to know why http://www.example.com/?utm_campaign=test etcetera is not tracking the income of the AdSense ads anymore in my Analytics. Am I the only one who has this problem?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Kevin K did you solve the problem?

Me too would like to see adsense in my UTM campaigns.

Let me know please

Best