Analytics
6.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Acquisition Reports: Sessions instead of Users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to Google Analytics.

I'm watching lesson "3.2 Acquisition reports" in Google Analytics for Beginners of Google Analytics Academy. On 2:10 I noticed that the metric is Users while in my Google Store demo account it is "Sessions". I use the drop-down menu but no choice for "Users". I go to Audience/Overview I use the drop-down menu and select "Users". When I go to back to Acquisition-Source/Medium "Users" are gone!

This probably happens in other reports too. I also checked a friend's account I use for practice and the same thing happens. Have I done something wrong?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

This could be due to Scoping.

Certain metrics and dimensions can not be combined and are only available for certain reports. 

GA, can use user level or session level reporting for example.

This will help you understand:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2709828?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your answer, Adam! But that is a very long article to read and I don't think I have a problem of "Custom dimensions & metrics". In fact, if you watch the video of the lesson, you'll see that they're using the standard Google Store demo account and "Users" is their standard view. They don't have to do something special.

When I go to Acquisition and select Source/Medium my default metric is "Sessions". Also, in the table, the first column to the right of "Source/Medium" is "Sessions". I want to see "Users" there as it is shown in the lesson. Is there a way to that?