Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Acquisition / Overview / All traffic / Channels

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

when I go to Acquisition / Overview / All traffic / Channels / Social networks, I see that the social network You tube counts only 1 session BUT I know that I have had a lot of people coming from this media (it's actually my biggest source of traffic). 

Could you explain to me what it means ? What's wrong with that ?

Thank you in advance !

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dominique Bossavy A
June 2016

Re: Acquisition / Overview / All traffic / Channels

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Dominique,

Are you saying that it's your biggest source of traffic because you see it in the Source/Medium report? If the medium you see is not "social" next to the YouTube traffic it will not collect in the social channel unless you customize your channel settings. (Usually this means things are tagged wrong and it's better to correct the tagging.)

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dominique Bossavy A
June 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Dominique,

Are you saying that it's your biggest source of traffic because you see it in the Source/Medium report? If the medium you see is not "social" next to the YouTube traffic it will not collect in the social channel unless you customize your channel settings. (Usually this means things are tagged wrong and it's better to correct the tagging.)

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Theo,
No I am saying that because that's what our clients tell us when they fill the contact form, so we know this is because they saw a video on Youtube that they contact us.
There is no specification next to Youtube traffic. How can I customize my channel settings ?
Thank you !!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
In this case I would not change your channel settings. It sounds like people are learning about you via YouTube bout not taking direct action from there and are either coming back to the site via organic or direct. If you had some malformed medium, then I would recommend changing the channel settings.

Best.

Theo
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK thank you very much Theo !
have a good day!

Rising Star