Analytics
3.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Accuracy of Using Landing pages to find No. indexed urls

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand that there is no method that will give me a 100% accurate view on the number of indexed url's.

I usually use the site:website method to get an approximation but I have read about using GA to get a more accurate representation.

My question is, what is a good date report length for an eCommerce site, surely in GA if the date length is 1 year there will be many landing pages that do not exist any more.

Is this really more accurate than using the site:website method in the search engine?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Accuracy of Using Landing pages to find No. indexed urls

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You really should be using Google Search Console to check how many pages are indexed...not Google Analytics. Search Console is the search engine side of the equation and includes a number of extra reports that help you understand your search presence. A very limited amount of that data gets imported into Google Analytics if you link the accounts.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.