Analytics
4.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

API query returns zero CPC clicks and cost data when combining campaign and custom dimensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm trying to export AdWords campaign, ad group, keyword, device category, hour and one custom dimensions and get clicks, cost, CPC, sessions and bounce rate. Everything works until I add the hour and/or custom dimension - at that point the query explorer returns zeros for all AdWords metrics (clicks, cost, CPC). The result is the same when I tried using a custom report. Is there a limitation? How can I get this data?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: API query returns zero CPC clicks and cost data when combining campaign and custom dimensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, are your custom dimensions session-based?
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

API query returns zero CPC clicks and cost data when combining campaign and custom dimensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, it's session-based.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

simplest answer is that Adwords is not providing that kind of data in correlation w/ date or custom dimension. i'll test it out on my end to see if there are issues.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWords confirmed this data combination is not available for now: https://twitter.com/maggieto/status/785456889547087872 

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Not all metrics and dimensions are available at the hour level, try the day level and see if you get results. If that works then your going too deep in your analysis for one or more metrics or dimensions.