Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

ANalytics Real Time Data Drop off

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi
My site JerrysGuitarBar.com had a re-design 3 days ago changing its Wordpress theme, changing the framework to Genesis and a couple of other small cosmetic changes.
As soon as the changes went live, traffic as reported on Analytics fell off a cliff (from 800 per day to less than 200).
It's difficult for me to imagine that that effect is real. It seems more likely that analytics isn't reporting all visitors.
Could it be that the framework change has caused Google to see it as a new site and therefore take a few days to register it? And if it is that, how is it that I'm seeing any traffic reported on analytics at all?
Or is there another explanation that I'm missing?
Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jerry L
August 2016

Re: ANalytics Real Time Data Drop off

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Jerry,

i just checked your site and found the tracking code and its working properly. But the reason for the traffic fall may be because you haven't added analytics code to all the pages. please check again if you added or not.

hope this was a helpful answer

cheers
Noman Karim

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jerry L
August 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Jerry,

i just checked your site and found the tracking code and its working properly. But the reason for the traffic fall may be because you haven't added analytics code to all the pages. please check again if you added or not.

hope this was a helpful answer

cheers
Noman Karim

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Both answers were very helpful. Problem now sorted. Many thanks!