Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

A request: add Avg. Time on Page as a metric that can be used in Calculated Metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Right now, Avg. Time on Page isn't one of the predefined metrics that Calculated Metrics will let you use in a formula for a new calculated metric—but it'd be great if it was. (I want to multiply Avg. Time on Page by Page Views to get a number for the cumulative time that readers spend with pages on the site that's more accurate than Time on Page, as Time on Page doesn't count the time on a page from users who look at only a single page and leave. Avg. Time on Page doesn't count them, either, but I can use it a sample size and extrapolate from it.) That's it! All I need! Help me, some magnanimous Google engineer!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: A request: add Avg. Time on Page as a metric that can be used in Calculated Metrics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi David,

This is the place to post if you want to hide things from Google Engineers. Smiley Happy

You may want to post here:

https://code.google.com/p/analytics-issues/issues/list

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn