AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

A bug in creating reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I created an audience overview report that is automatically sent to my client every month end. This report compares performance of the website during the current month to performance of the previous year during the same period.

BUT: when the PDF email is sent to my clients it still compares periods in the very same year and will not send the correct comparison of the two previous years.

HOWEVER: as a quick fix if you request an instant once off report the correct report appears. But if you then request for an automated daily/weekly or monthly report that's when the problem begins.
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP... because l am sure we all know how tedious this can get having to create reports on a month on month bases manually for hundreds of clients.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: A bug in creating reports

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Arnold,

Unfortunately, the only real way to do this for now is via the API.

Try the Google Sheets add on (there are a lot of ways to tackle):

https://developers.google.com/analytics/solutions/google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on

Good luck!

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn