Analytics
2.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

A/B Testing through GTM: Custom GA Report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm currently running an A/B on my website via GTM tags and triggers based off this code. https://github.com/thenextweb/cro

The A/B testing is running great, and in GA I can see when each version is displayed with real time reporting, and I also have a goal set up to track when the form on the page is submitted. My final challenge is setting up a custom report so that I can see which version is converting.

I set up a custom report with the Event Action and my goal, but as you can see in the image below the only event action counting as a goal is "Click": 

abtest.png

Any advice would be great!

Thanks,

Ryan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

Have you achieved success in setting this script?
I am using it know but I think there are some problems with cookies. In my case if you clear site's cookies in Chrome before visiting the site in 10% of cases events won't fire.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ryan,

did you try creating two segments based on your event actions to isolate control and test traffic?

You can then use these two segments by looking at the Conversions > Goals > Overview report, and select the Goal you are interested in.

Hope it helps, let me know if this worked out for you!

Jérémie