Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

100% increase in bounce rates vs 100% decrease in pages/session

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I don't remember if I had implemented any tag or something on my web site kuzhinashqiptare . com .  Before this, the bounce rate was below 7%. Now after implementing infinite scrolling the the bounce rate has suddenly increased to 100%. Also the Pages / Session are down for 100% on the same day.

I have also implemented the following practises as suggested in various blog posts and not this page as well: 

Following is a screenshot which would show the drastic change in the image:

page views session.png

I would be more than happy if you could help me.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

With such a low bounce rate before the changes you made it seems that your tracking was set up incorrectly. Most likely you had multiple tracking codes on your site that resulted in tracking duplicate pageviews and low bounce rate. I checked your site and now your tracking is set up properly. Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold,

Thanks for help.

It must be another problem on this and can't find any final result that "this was the issue", because as I know I didn't make any mistake on implementing GA tracking code.