Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

0 sessions but average time on the page is longer than 3 seconds for search terms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a corporate website using wordpress and a plugin called ajax search that shows in analytics (in "page content") as /ajax-search-"term" and I also have the default search in wordpress showing as /?s="term" - they are working fine and I can see the results in my custom reports / panels - but I was wondering why some results have 0 sessions yet the average time on the page is significant? 

I also have 1 sessions but average time on the site is 0, I know that would be kinda normal with these plugins, but its the same for the default wordpress search.

Captura de pantalla 2016-03-29 a las 6.35.49 p.m..png

Re: 0 sessions but average time on the page is longer than 3 seconds for search terms

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi ,
My bet is these are all bounces. All bounces will show 0 seconds Visit Duration, and 0 Pages/Visit. They will also show 0 seconds on the page.

**All those visits consisted of one page view alone and no event was triggered. When that happens, Google Analytics cannot calculate the session duration (duration is calculated by subtracting the time when the first page was accessed from the time when the second was accessed).**

Hope this helps.

thanks