Analytics
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

unusual referral traffic link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am receiving unusual referral traffic from a website. Kindly suggest how to stop or exclude referral website.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033162?hl=en

and this

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034823

should give you enough super powers to deflect most of the attacks of evil masterminds a.k.a spammers

Let us know if you need further assistance

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for quick response. But still stuck with few queries. Below are the websites from where I am getting hits monthly. I want to exclude or block it.

site-auditor.online

monetizationking.net

54995132-1.site-speed-checker.site

[ Edited ]
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Once the filters are added the future spam data will be excluded.

GA wont re-process past data.

This self-promotional signature has been removed by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines. Repeated violations may result in suspension from the Advertiser Community.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi @Vinayak I,

Creating the filters that @Vinayak I and @A T suggested are the correct approach for preventing future hits of this type of traffic. 

You will need to create a segment to remove the spam from your Analytics historical data since filters only work onwards.

The combination of the filters and the segment should be enough to keep clean your data.

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me