Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

tpc.googlesyndication.com Referral in GA Reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone. 

We have noticed that in our GA referral reports suddenly tpc.googlesyndication.com is appearing. (sometimes 15% of all of referral sessions). I have read almost all the information provided online, but, really I couldn't find the answer. I know it comes from untagged (or automatycally tagged) adwords or double click ads campaigns, and as I am an Adsense partner, those ads are showing on my websites. 

However, i want to know if there something I can do (whether in Adsense or Double Click, where I manage my ads locations and settings) to stop that referral from appearing.

I do not what to create a new filter in my GA view, or even, create a new filtered view excluding sessions from this referral. Would it be the best option?

Any ideas??

Thank you!

Re: tpc.googlesyndication.com Referral in GA Reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Viky,

You can use segments in the report that would exclude the traffic from the report and give you revised numbers. As you rightly said using filters will stop showing this traffic all together. Hence using Segments would be a better idea.

Regards,
Abhi