Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

today I have a huge spam referral traffic from google.com that 100% bounce rate.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the huge Referral traffic that come from google.com that come to my site in one time?? that mean all in about 1 minute and out.

I dont know what happen but that make my site average view rate from 6 minutes to 3 minutes

can anyone tell me what happen?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: today I have a huge spam referral traffic from google.com that 100% bounce rate.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Thanh,

I've noticed this too in a few of my properties. This is just spam probably wrongly done. You can know it is spam because it has (not set) hostname and Home Page as page title (which most likely is not you real home page name)

You can use the following guide to stop and clean this type of spam no matter which names it uses (even fake Google referrals)
https://www.ohow.co/ultimate-guide-to-removing-irrelevant-traffic-in-google-analytics/

Hope it helps,
Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Re: today I have a huge spam referral traffic from google.com that 100% bounce rate.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
These are spam referrals. While it won't affect your SEO, this type of spam will screw with your web analytics data and make it seem like your visitors are unengaged. Their visits are also using your server resources for something that you don’t want or need. An overloaded server means slower load times, which translate to higher bounce rates and lower rankings.

Google's official statement is that it does not affect your page rank. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/analytics/1ldOryPY6do

Make sure that you have anti virus/ anti malware software installed on your website before you visit such websites as they may infect your machine as soon as you visit them.
Once you have confirmed the identity of bad bots, the next step is to block them ASAP from visiting your website again. You can do this by blocking spammy referrer through

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
this is very good information thank you very much