Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

sharebutton.org share buttons in keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I`m getting spam refferal in keywords only "sharebutton.org share buttons in keywords"

How to exlude this spam ?

Tnx

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: sharebutton.org share buttons in keywords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Gregory, to exclude keywords you should use the filter type Campaign term. However, since the names of referrals/keywords are constantly changing I recommend you to use instead a more advanced filter using your hostnames. This filter will stop all spam with fake or no hostnames (ghost spam) no matter what name it uses or if it shows as a referral or keyword.

You can follow the step by step guide for creating this filter in this article
https://www.ohow.co/ultimate-guide-to-removing-irrelevant-traffic-in-google-analytics/

Hope it helps,
Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here, can Please share How to stop this type of Spammer??

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Anil P The hostname filter explained in the Guide should prevent traffic from all sharebutton spam.

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank for reply @Carlos Escalera , have already set this but still I am received spam visite from this .. any other solution ??

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

@Anil P, double check your hostname expression, if the filters is correctly set there is no way this type of spam come through.

Check especially if you don't have an extra pipe character "|" this will practically annul the effect of the filter.

If you are not sure you can test your hostname expression with the segment. Since these are not permanent you can try as many times without risking your data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for help...