AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

"to use this feature visit: Event-Tracking.com"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I'm not entiraly familiarized with the idea of SPAM in Google Analytics, but I think that is what could be happening in my account.

Instead of the event labels Analytics shows "to use this feature visit: Event-Tracking.com" (image attached).

This only happens when I set the report to show long periods of time. It shows the correct information when it's short periods and less data points.

How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

error analytics event tracking.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mia C
March 2016

Re: "to use this feature visit: Event-Tracking.com"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
That particular spam was a problem a long time ago, and the data is stuck in your account. It is easiest if you just ignore it, but if you want to get rid of it, you will have to apply a custom segment with a filter to exclude it. There are a number of segments to deal with spam available in the GA Solution Gallery:
https://www.google.com/analytics/gallery/#posts/search/%3F_.term%3Dspam%26_.start%3D0/
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mia C
March 2016

Re: "to use this feature visit: Event-Tracking.com"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
That particular spam was a problem a long time ago, and the data is stuck in your account. It is easiest if you just ignore it, but if you want to get rid of it, you will have to apply a custom segment with a filter to exclude it. There are a number of segments to deal with spam available in the GA Solution Gallery:
https://www.google.com/analytics/gallery/#posts/search/%3F_.term%3Dspam%26_.start%3D0/
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.