AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

click bots for organic clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i understand click fraud has been a matter of concern in the advertising industry from so many years and Google is trying to handle them better than ever before. This question however is for click bots to generate Organic Clicks from Google Search Results.

So, i know a company who does runs click bots on Google search results inorder to manipulate sessions data in GA. Now, in my understanding, this should not affect any ranks/better CTR for now, however what happens to the data in GA? does it continue to show manipulated session numbers? wouldn't Google going to consider this as spam traffic and take action accordingly?

Even if this is in place, what happens to the company's online presence? Shouldn't they get penalized for it by compromising their organic rankings? 

Eager to know your thoughts on this pls, if anyone from Google's Spam Team is reading this, action must be taken soon. User's interest are manipulated, session numbers are manipulated, shareholder's monies and manipulated, all of these evil ways are wrong and must be stopped

Cheers!

Search

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: click bots for organic clicks

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So, thanks mate, but my question was not to "filter" or remove or understand spamming in GA, my question was on how can this adversely effect Ranks of a website OR does it have any adverse effects?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
This isn't really a Google Analytics comment -- it is more about the Google Search and the impact of manipulating clicks in search on the rankings. Google Analytics is actually a totally separate group/entity within Google, and they have stated that the data from GA is not used in the rankings calculations.

You are best to ask the question in the Webmasters Central help forum:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Mike...i totally understand GA & Webmaster their data collection and all the other aspects....my question was mostly related to GA manipulated visits and do they have any affects on Ranks...which i guess makes it clear that they don't use this data for Rank at all....however since Google have upgraded their Adwords tracking mechanism which understands better Bots VS human clicks....i was wandering when would they do this change in GA ..... after all, utilizing Google's search and GA resources for wrong purposes should be taught a lesson