AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Why the acquisition report have big traffic from "source=1.1.1.3"of referral ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Because of the traffic is a large part from China, maybe the reason is "Great Firewall of China" to transform the URL?

Is the problem could be solve?

thanks,

Tina

Re: Why the acquisition report have big traffic from "source=1.1.1.3"of referral ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
If you are getting spam traffic from particular IPs or area which you don't want to appear into your report. You can filter those data and restrict to view particular IPs traffic as well.

Create a new view and their filter your data by excluding IPs and location.

Thanks
Vivek

Re: Why the acquisition report have big traffic from "source=1.1.1.3"of referral ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Vivek,

Thanks for reply my questions, and I want to further explain what I have discussed so far.
1. I'm not sure the reason is "Great Firewall of China" or not.
2. " 1.1.1.3 /referral" accounted for 70% of traffic, so if I filter it, the traffic is not accurate.

so I thought that maybe it not spam traffic from particular IPs or area?
And still want to know how to solve it.

Thanks,
Tina

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
It might be your webpages is restricting those traffic to provide it's actual source medium. I will suggest you to put that referral traffic into "Referral Exclusion List" so Users arriving at your site via any of these IPs will not be counted as referral traffic in your reports.
Go to Analytics>Admin>Property>Tracking Info>Referral Exclusion List

Thanks
Vivek