Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Why not Google Stop this Google Analytics Spam? Secret.ɢoogle.com Spam

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Google Analytics Team,

We just want to confirmation to Google, Is Google working on it to fix this Google analytics spam? or Website owner and SEO should have to fix it by own?

Please confirm us..

Regards

Saroj

2 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Saroj K :-)
It's not an issue specific to just analytics, most other tracking solutions are also affected by the same spam.

Google has taken some steps in combatting the issue, the spam data is not as prolific as it was say 12+mths ago.
It is a known issue.

Usually it would be combatted with filters going forward and segments to look at past data minus the rubbish.
There are a couple of good articles around explaining the most common forms of data spam and how to create the filters and segments to clean the reports up

http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/

https://www.ohow.co/ultimate-guide-to-removing-irrelevant-traffic-in-google-analytics/

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I agree with Saroj. It would only take a developer about 20 minutes to sit down and find the common ones like "/sharebutton.to" etc and block them from the entire network. With the money that Google invest in GA and Anti Spam measures in general I would have thought it would be a no brainer. 

Google - Can't you find an enthusiastic intern who can help us out?

Kind Regards,

Adrian

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Bronwyn V

Thank You

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agree with you.. !!

UPDATE: Why not Google Stop this Google Analytics Spam? Secret.ɢoogle.com Spam

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am editing this complaint, but rather than delete it, possibly my update will help someone else, as follows:  After writing the below I went back into Google Analytics and changed the date range to the period of time after following the instructions of the Google Tech  for excluding of the Spam. (previously I was looking at the past month, now looking at just the last two days only) .  The Spam is gone.  So it appears the Language "exclude" worked and is working, but you have to look at correct time frame.

Original complaint:

On the phone a Google representative , tech or who knows what showed how to exclude text in Google Analytics>>>Geo>>>Language.  I excluded this piece of Spam:  Secret.ɢoogle.com You are invited! Enter only with this ticket URL. Copy it. Vote for Trump!"   

In the window I was in, it appeared to work however going back to the main "Audience Overview"  it reappeared!  Multiple attempts to delete it again FAILED.

So where is Google to fix this insulting piece of trash from my Google Analytics Language screen, please?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Michael
Filters do not work retroactively to remove/delete data already collected in reports.
The filter verification is simply an indication using existing data, as to whether your filter setup is correct. 
Filters only work going forward from the time they are applied and it may take up to 24-48hrs for the change in reporting to become apparent (considering GA can sometimes have processing latency of 48hrs for the standard reports).

I hope the Google representative, tech or who ever it was, had you follow suggested best practices and had you create a new empty View to apply the filters too.. usually the initial default View is left without any filters applied (this is so you have a full unedited copy of report data at all times, should you need it in the future)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.  While you were writing your reply I discovered what you've described.  Thank you.   I updated my post to include the new information.

My screens from dates post the Exclusion are now clear of the spam.  Thanks your speedy reply.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello...

I have now discovered new spammy visit from Twitter :

twitter.com/3mapsVitaly

It is the same spam which is disturbing Analytics

Is anyone facing same ???

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I Request to Google, Please come with permanent Solutions to this Fake Spam.