AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Website Google Search Creating Search Permalinks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our website developer and holder of the server has recently had a hack. We have since moved over to a new server but after re installing google analytics onto the website, i've notice that our views have shot right up, but all the links that people are viewing are coming through google searches and it looks like the permalinks are being created with the google search, for example /id?-how-to-copy-mutiple-cells-in-excel-php . The links themselves just link directly to our home page but its worrying that we are coming up in searches that don't relate to our website.

I have gone through our Wordpress and cant seem to see any permalinks that would remotely connect to this page. Would anyone know if this is to do with the Hack in the previous state in which our website SEO and all the permalinks where changed? or has our developer not cleaned up the site or the coding before moving it over to a new server?

Any help or tips would be much appreciated 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Website Google Search Creating Search Permalinks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ben,

I'm afraid it's something to do with the hack, I'd suggest to go through everything again to make sure that there is no malicious code in the files or in the database.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
It'd be much easier to find the problem's solution if u tell us website URL Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ivan,

Its www.crackitproductions.co.uk,

I've spoken to a developer who reckons due to the hack there are around 23,000 pages being generated by Google Index, so its a case of going through and seeing which Permalinks don't actually exsist and getting rid of them