Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Unusual referral traffic link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all!
I have recently noticed that I am getting to much traffic from google.com! Now I know that my website https://goodle.se isn't that popular to have that much Search engine traffic! I have only 14 articles in my blog! How can I trace back this traffic to be sure that is coming from google.com or if somebody is doing smth naughty??

Thanks,
Roberto

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Roberto P,

Check different dimensions to make sure it isn't spam

Audience > Technology > Network -> Hostname

Aquisition > Campaigns > Organic Keywords

Behaivior > Site Content > Landing Pages

If you see something odd it might be spam.

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

To add to @Carlos Escalera's reply, in case you need a guide then search for "google analytics spam" on Google and check out the top links.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The problem is that they are using as top domain google.com and facebook.com! how do i fix that?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

A good way of protecting against spam is by creating an include hostname filter whose values are the valid hostnames for your site. Most likely the spam traffic you're seeing has a (not set) value for hostname. You may want to double check that.

Again, perform a search on Google and you'll find some good guides tacking the issue.

Let me know if you need further help.