Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Unusual amount of traffic from Boardman Oregon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I am very new to all of this and paid someone to get traffic to my site. I am noticing a very large percentage of the hits are coming from one place, Boardman, Oregon and the second highest city is 'not set'. What does this mean?

Re: Unusual amount of traffic from Boardman Oregon

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rene,
First of all no body will suggest you to get paid traffic that will not helpful in any way. So first of all do not buy traffic from any vendor they use software to send the traffic and those traffic will be completely irrelevant to your website/business.

They used software to send traffic to your website that is why you are getting such traffic from one place and I assume bounce rate will also high.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Like I said, I'm brand new to learning all of this. I didn't even know the significance of a bounce rate, and, yes, it is very high. Should I discontinue the service? Can it do harm?

Sent from my iPhone

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Rene,
Yes buying traffic won't be helpful in any way. You can also same question to service provider why you are getting such traffic.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a client with a similar issue. We tracked it to the Amazon AWS and are still digging trying to find out why.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What if the bounce rate is very low, but the engagement time is also very low?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes The same problem occur to me. Most of the hits are coming from one place Boardman.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The source of mine turned out to be the vendor from whom I purchased leads. It was a scam and they have been reported.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But My most of the traffic comes from the facebook. how i can report this traffic to facebook.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry, I don't know.