Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

US traffic in Dutch DIsplay campaigns

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm struggling with a big US traffic problem, as my data is not clean at the moment. I can clean it by using segments (exclude US traffic), it is a work around for now but far from idealistic. The main problem is a lot of new visitors from the US in different Dutch campaigns. The US traffic is appears in different RTB tools like Adform, Criteo and Radium One in my Analytics properties. First I've send this feedback to the platforms it selfs but they do not have any clue how this could happen. So I'm very curious if there are any other online marketers with the same problem and if there is somebody who can tell where this US traffic (looks like bots) is coming from and most important how to avoid it for all Google Analytics properties.

Here is a screenshot from an Adform retargeting campaign. Look at the stats below and how they influence my real display results.  

Analytics > 1.244 new visitors

US traffic in retargeting campaign.PNG

Adform > send 0 clicks from US

adform.PNG

I allready have tried to call with Google support desk NL, but they only support Adwords traffic.

Looking forward!

Jaimy Vincentie

Re: US traffic in Dutch DIsplay campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Not sure on the exact issue you are seeing here as far as the third party apps are concerned, but if you take the cleanup route instead of using segments you could just filter the offending sources out from the view entirely from the view settings page by setting up a custom filter.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chris thanks for the tip!

Hopefully somebody else has a solution for this case.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Jaimy V, are you still having this issue? We are experiencing the same issue with one of our clients, targeting an international geo but their GA is reporting US traffic. We are running our campaigns from Doubleclick Bid Manager and sourcing the traffic across various RTB marketplaces that Google is plugged into. If you can reach out to us directly that would be awesome. mike (at) Adtegrity dot com. Thanks!