Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking, as secret.google.com?!

[ Edited ]
V
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
V
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I have just noted that during the 2016 US Presidential Elections, somebody has been registered in my Analytics tracking as 'Vote for Trump!'. Thought I would report this.

Also, curious if you happen to know how this could have happened?

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 20.48.45.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Tracking, as 'Vote for Trump!'?!

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @V,

What you see is analytics spam. You should create filters in your Analytics to exclude it from your data. You will find more information about it and how to create the filter in this article.

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you! I got the same thing in my analysis. 

Google Small Business Advisor
# 4
Google Small Business Advisor

Thank-you!

Re: Tracking, as 'Vote for Trump!'?!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem. I just want to confirm it's not a hacker on our site. Is this correct?

1. IMG_1110.PNGsa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I keep having this issue.  What can be dib to stop it?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Don't worry @Phyllise K, this particular traffic is spam you haven't been hacked.

@Petra Pthe guide mentioned above will help you stop this and any other type of spam. Smiley Happy

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Funny thing I saw when I added the secondary dimension "Country" - it all comes from Russia.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started a google adwords campaign. My analytics does not mirror the clics I am getting and as a matter of fact a large proportion of the traffic comes from this Russian spam. Am I paying for that? Quite new in all this and I paused my campaign. Very disturbing. Thanks for any advice.

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

@Maurice A this is fake traffic sent directly to Analytics, it never passes through your server/site so you shouldn't worry about that. Apply the filters and you should be fine