Analytics
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Suspicious emails from Google

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have received an email from a person called <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> who says he works for Google as an account strategist. I am suspicious of this as he says he has my account details. Can anyone confirm if this is genuine or not? The email I received the message from was <edited>@google.com and the contact number on the email is <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>.

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager per Community Guidelines, in order to remove contact information.

Re: Suspicious emails from Google

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If you can email them at a Google.com address, they're legit. Only Google employees/vendors will have Google.com email addresses.

Google does have several types of advertiser outreach programs that offer free advice for a limited time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply. I was thinking that about the email address but I'm still a little suspicious as they didn't have any signature in the email saying they are from google and the layout of the email isn't very professional.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
there should be a signature to their email - i'd still be very careful, some scammers are very clever.
as in perhaps engage with them for advice but do not give them any logins or access codes or customer ID numbers or anything else.
usually people will have a linkedin profile also (all my legit google reps and other official google 3rd party such as vxi support staff etc.)
You can tell a lot form a linkedin profile - they are pretty hard to make them look legit.