Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Sudden increase in Search traffic!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Since last 3 days, there is a sudden increase in traffic, Sessions increase by 40% all of a sudden (whose duration is not more than 15 sec)! When I looked at landing pages from which this traffic coming from, I have noticed that it is from (not set) landing page!

Is this bot traffic? or is this because some thing is wrong with the code that is placed on the website?

Please Help!

Thank You,

Sandeep

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @sandeep r

(not set) denotes that Google Analytics didn’t receive any information for the item (dimension) you selected. It’s generally associated with any direct/referral visit, since it does not have campaign information such as keyword, match type, etc. associated with the visit.

This link may help you, 

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/What-Does-quot-Not-Set-quot-Mean-in-Google-Analyt...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Swara,

Thanks for the reply!

But I see this traffic coming from (not set) landing page only from last Friday, why not before?

Is there any other reason why this is happening?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Can  you please share any screenshot

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

Found the error, it was because of the GA code was present twice on the same page.