Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Spam in Language Section?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

New to Analytics, so forgive me if this is a common problem or has been discussed before, but in my Language section, where the type of language is normally indicated I found "Secret(dot)Google(dot)com. You are invited! Enter only with this ticket URL. Copy it. Vote for Trump!" Where did that come from and how can I erase it from the statistics? Thanks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It's spam, ignore it.

unfortunately, it can't be removed.

To prevent spam, use one of the methods here:

http://juliencoquet.com/en/2016/06/17/how-can-handle-google-analytics-referrer-spam/?utm_id=tcen

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It's spam, ignore it.

unfortunately, it can't be removed.

To prevent spam, use one of the methods here:

http://juliencoquet.com/en/2016/06/17/how-can-handle-google-analytics-referrer-spam/?utm_id=tcen

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the quick response and link to solution, Julien. Much appreciated. 

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

For a more detailed analysis about this kind of referral spam and how to get rid of it (it's a bit different than your usual referral spam), have a look here: http://www.searchify.ca/donald-trump-referral-spam-analytics/

You can also vote as to speculate who's behind it. Quite interesting that Poetin and Russia are mentioned, especially as this spam seems to originate from Samara, Russia.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

In what order should I put excluded spam sites?

.*.reddit.com|.*.thenextweb.com|.*.abc.xyz|.*.84706864-1.compliance-andrew.xyz84706864-1.compliance-alex.xyz|.*.84706864-1.compliance-donald.xyz|.*.addons.mozilla.org|.*.lifehacĸer.com

I did that in this way, however it said to me this:

"This filter would not have changed your data. Either the filter configuration is incorrect, or the set of sampled data is too small."

Could you, please, tell me, where did I go wrong?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for the answers.  I thought my query was going to be too strange but seems to be a hangover of the crap.  I got this as a language:  

Congratulations to Trump and all americans

Would love to know how this happened and what they gain from dumping this.