Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Spam data appearing in analytics and no UA code available on the websites

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Spam data is appearing in analytics reporting and for some reason all the properties that are under the analytics account have no UA code available on the websites,

the same spam data is appearing for every property and there is no tracking code on any of the websites under various properties. The codes were earlier on all the websites and the account was also tracking all the right data and there was no spam data under reporting. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Spam data appearing in analytics and no UA code available on the websites

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Rohit P,

This type of spam only needs a created tracking code, the spam is sent directly to the Analytics property even if it is not inserted on a site. Here is more information about it.

https://www.ohow.co/all-the-answers-about-the-spam-in-google-analytics/#what-is-ghost-spam

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Spam data appearing in analytics and no UA code available on the websites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I am going through your various articles about spam data appearing in analytics.