AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Spam comes from valid hostname

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Has anyone received traffic from this website: "littlethings.com / referral" ? I've checked for backlinks and there are none pointing back to our website from that domain. Also the hostname the traffic is coming from it's our domain. 

I got suspicious as there has been over 500 visits with under 4 sec Avg. Duration and 94% bounce rate. 

Any insights?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Charlie C, that doesn't look like spam, and the site looks legit, does the site has anything related to your site?, what is the landing page in your site and the full referrer?

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, I checked the website and seemed legit to me as well. But I couldn't find any links from them to our site until i looked at the landing page:

"https://www.gambia.co.uk/blog/top-10-things-to-do-in-the-gambia-for-first-time-visitors??utm_source=..."

This is the landing page for a Video Ad that I run on Facebook. I always use campaign urls but it seems like it striped the medium and the campaign name from the url. 

Below is the tracked URL that I get from Facebook for the same campaign. 

"https://www.gambia.co.uk/blog/top-10-things-to-do-in-the-gambia-for-first-time-visitors?utm_source=f..."

I am confused as why it shows the littlethings.com traffic as referal.