AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Something is going wrong with my analytics languages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hey guys,

So a while ago I starting seeing some irregularities in our analytics account, specifically in the language section. This started to appear:

Secret.ɢoogle.com You are invited! Enter only with this ticket URL. Copy it. Vote for Trump!

I Googled it and it said to add some exclusions to certain campaign sources so I added buketeg.xyz, bukleteg.xyz and Boltalko.xyz which is where it said the spamming is coming from. 

Now it's worse and more have appeared. Please see the pic for reference. 

analytics.PNG

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Brett

1 Expert replyverified_user

Something is going wrong with my analytics languages.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Brett C.

Filtering in the source is not recommendable, since as you already noticed is not efficient. Instead, you should apply the filters recommended in this guide.

https://www.ohow.co/ultimate-guide-to-removing-irrelevant-traffic-in-google-analytics/

Hope it helps, 

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me