AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Solution to filter out spam referral traffic

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have applied a filter for referral spam but still i am not able to get the traffic details for my website. i have applied filter  yesterday but still not able to get data even though this message is showing on my account "You are using a filtered view which may cause your ad-hoc channel grouping data to be inaccurate" i am not able to understand that what is wrong with my account.I will be thankful.please help!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jasmeet,

As we don't know how filter has been set up so it is not possible to say what's wrong in current set up but I'm sharing a latest video on this @ https://measureschool.com/video/google-analytics-referral-spam-tutorial-2017/

*You are using a filtered view which may cause your ad-hoc channel grouping data to be inaccurate" - It means you are getting some filtered data and excluding the data sources which you do not want to view. So it is perfectly fine if you see the message after applying any filter.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi sir

Thank you sir  for your information..! I have created a new view in view column to block the referral spam. but the issue is i am not able to see real time audience also. i have seen that above video also before applying filters. i will be thankful please help if you have suggestions further..

Thank you

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I assume real time audience showing for unfiltered view if that is the case can you share the screenshots of filter set up? 

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

sir please tell me where i can share screen shots. because i am unable to share them here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

click on reply button after that just below 'cancel' & 'post' tab Click on full reply editor and then click on photo and upload it.

Thanks

Re: Solution to filter out spam referral traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Capture.PNG