Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Showing Website Traffic too high from Facebook

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts,

When i check my April 1st to 27the April Month website Facebook Traffic i got almost 568.

From the 7th April to 11th April the user engagement is too high compare with other days, on 7th to 11th dates i have posted some of the articles on the Facebook but when i search on the Facebook insights i didn't get any engagement or link clicks for the URLs which i posted. I don't understand in the Google Analytics it's showing high traffic from the Facebook.

May i know the reason why it's showing. Please find the below screenshot of Google Analytics Facebook traffic.

If you required i will provides you.

GA1.jpg

Regards,

Laxman Kotte

Re: Showing Website Traffic too high from Facebook

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Check the Acquisition > Social > Network Referrals report and then click on 'Facebook' to drill down to the shared URLs that drove traffic to the site. This should help understand if they're real or not.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LAXMAN K
April 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Laxman,

Look which articles was visited and if these you share (Behavior -> Site Content -> All Pages -> secondary dimension set as source a filter source facebook). Is it possible, that somebody click on it and then share on his own wall without like or share original post.

Tomas

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tomas