AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Showing Website Traffic High

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My name is Hardik.

One of our client website has 96000 visits. I am shocked how its possible?

How can i decide it is genuine or SPAM?

Can you please help?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Hardik

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Hardik, 

Since I don't have any context I will make some assumptions: 

#1 You look like a shopify website that is doing some form of dropshipping and the website is relatively new. 

#2 Go to your Network Report in Google Analytics and look at the dimension 'Host Name' - if you are seeing a large amount of traffic that is not from from domains that are your own then it would mean you are getting a large amount of ghost referral spam. If this is the case use this amazing guide made by one of our rising stars here in the Analytics community! - https://www.ohow.co/ultimate-guide-to-removing-irrelevant-traffic-in-google-analytics/

#3 Go to the Source/Medium report and try to get an idea where all your traffic is originating from. 

Lastly I would say be careful using cheap traffic tactics or using dubious link sharing or link buying services because you can get a large amount of spam traffic. 

Let me know what you find! 

- Josh

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the update.

I have some confusion about filters.

1. Whats values i add in "Filter Name" and "Filter Pattern"?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any one help me for above questions?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hey @hardik v , 

The information is in the article I previously attached. The filter name can be whatever you want and the pattern is filters with the following:

# Expression 1

(best|dollar|success|top1)\-seo|(videos|buttons)\-for|anticrawler|^scripted\.|semalt|forum69|7makemon|sharebutton|ranksonic|sitevaluation|dailyrank|vitaly|profit\.xyz|rankings\-|dbutton|uptime(bot|check|\.com)

# Expression 2

datract|hacĸer|ɢoogl|responsive\-test|dogsrun|tkpass|free\-video|keywords\-monitoring|pr\-cy\.ru|fix\-website|checkpagerank|seo\-2\-0\.|platezhka|timer4web|share\-buttons|99seo|3\-letter|top10\-way

This should answer your question. 
- Josh
Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’