Analytics
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Share buttons and ghost server forums

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to Analytics, so forgive me if this is a somewhat basic question.

My company website is receiving a lot of traffic from what appears to be share button sites e.g. www.get-free-social-traffic.com. Since I have been using Analytics, this has taken up the vast majority of the traffic - sometimes up to 60 hits in an instant. Is there a way that I can stop this from happening?

FYI, most of the traffic I am unable to identify the website and it just comes up as (not provided), but I am guessing it's the same given the frequency this is occurring.

I am also having the same issue with ghost traffic. E.g. forum.topic77919239.ghostvisitor.com

Any light that can be shed on this would be incredibly helpful and appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Share buttons and ghost server forums

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chris,

There has been a lot of coverage of this issue in recent times - see [1] for a very nice summary on how to get rid of spam traffic in Google Analytics.

Christoph

[1] https://www.ohow.co/ultimate-guide-to-removing-irrelevant-traffic-in-google-analytics/