AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Regarding referral exclusion for payment gateway

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Please assist me how do i add my payment gateways in referral exclusion list?

And the most important part, suppose a user who made a google search and landed on my website and purchased from there he will now be in the payment gateway/referral traffic, if i add payment gateway in the referral exclusion list then will his journey remain as google/organic? or it will now be in direct traffic??

If at all his journey changes to direct traffic, how do i keep the organic conversions in organic referral, social conversions in social refferals and similarly other conversions from different sources.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Regarding referral exclusion for payment gateway

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Without referral exclusion the attribution goes to your gateway. With referral exclusion you can see the original source unless you have other problems that change it to direct.

Referral exclusion is found from Admin -> Property -> Tracking info -> Referral exclusion list

You add the domain of the payment gateway paypal.com for example.

Remember, it takes effect after you set it up and with new users. Those who have payment gateway as a source will have it as a source as long as it does not get replaced by organic, advertising or other referral source. In other words if user will come directly to your site they will have the payment gateway as referral from here to eternity.

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.