AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Referral Links

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I got goal completion from refferal links in google analytics but which links showing like ex: www.mywebsite.com/referral. if it is came from www.fb.com/referral, i can understand goal completed from facebook. as of said above, goal completed within my website. if they completed goal by directly, it should have show direct. so i want know about this issue. Please check attachment and please help anyone

GA.PNG  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Referral Links

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Just add a filter to your view that Includes hostname set to your domain name.
That will have a radical effect on your referral spam.
Alternatively, here is a method you can use:
http://juliencoquet.com/en/2016/06/17/how-can-handle-google-analytics-referrer-spam/?utm_id=tcen
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for reply.

do you think that is spam referral?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
hard to say without access to the account.
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
can you give skype id to me. there i connect you and give you access .

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I haven't used Skype in years and I don't intend to relapse :-)
Like I said, use the hostname inclusion filter I mentioned or read the post, you'll find plenty of solutions there.