2.8K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Referral Links

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I got goal completion from refferal links in google analytics but which links showing like ex: www.mywebsite.com/referral. if it is came from www.fb.com/referral, i can understand goal completed from facebook. as of said above, goal completed within my website. if they completed goal by directly, it should have show direct. so i want know about this issue. Please check attachment and please help anyone

GA.PNG  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Referral Links

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Just add a filter to your view that Includes hostname set to your domain name.
That will have a radical effect on your referral spam.
Alternatively, here is a method you can use:
http://juliencoquet.com/en/2016/06/17/how-can-handle-google-analytics-referrer-spam/?utm_id=tcen
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for reply.

do you think that is spam referral?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
hard to say without access to the account.
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
can you give skype id to me. there i connect you and give you access .

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I haven't used Skype in years and I don't intend to relapse :-)
Like I said, use the hostname inclusion filter I mentioned or read the post, you'll find plenty of solutions there.