AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Pageviews are showing pages that don't exist on my website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I view my page views, it is showing up with a bunch of random lines of links that are not part of my website. They don't exist. yet there are so many links showing as pages that are being 'viewed' on my website. Please help.

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 12.36.10 PM.pngE.g the lines 4, 6, 7, 9 and 10 - they do not exist on my website

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raewyn B
May 2016

Re: Pageviews are showing pages that don't exist on my website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Raewyn,

could be ghost spam. Insert 'hostname' as secondary dimension (second column) and check if these entries stem from any unrelated host names. If so, restrict your data to valid hostnames only - see [1] for details how to implement.

Christoph

[1] https://www.ohow.co/ultimate-guide-to-removing-irrelevant-traffic-in-google-analytics/

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raewyn B
May 2016

Re: Pageviews are showing pages that don't exist on my website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Raewyn,

could be ghost spam. Insert 'hostname' as secondary dimension (second column) and check if these entries stem from any unrelated host names. If so, restrict your data to valid hostnames only - see [1] for details how to implement.

Christoph

[1] https://www.ohow.co/ultimate-guide-to-removing-irrelevant-traffic-in-google-analytics/

Pageviews are showing pages that don't exist on my website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, is this something to stress about? I picked up the same thing, of a page that does not exist on my site.