Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Lots of visits through simple-share-buttons.com

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

This question, originally asked by "Dreamframer" was copied from the old Google Analytics product forum.

Hi guys,

My website is new, and I had only 8-10 visits per day, when suddenly, today, I had 82 visits, all in one hour or so. All visits where with 100% bounce rate and most of them were from "simple-share-buttons.com" and "site23-simple-share-buttons.com".
Does anyone know what could this be? I know that 100% bounce rate can hurt a website.

Ivan
1 Expert replyverified_user

Lots of visits through simple-share-buttons.com

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

This answer was provided by "AnalyticsEdge" and copied from the old Google Analytics product forum.

Others have reported that this is a ghost referral like darodar. Check the Google Analytics hostname for those visits. If it's not your site, then they never visited your webserver and blocking them will have no effect (they tend to go away after a couple of days anyways -- maybe they trip a Google detection threshold).  You can block with a filter that only allows visits with your hostnames through.