Analytics
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Locate and stop Invalid Traffic for adsense from analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am a published and i have a site where i am displaying adsense ads.

I am recently getting some amounts debited on my site and the amounts are small. I am going by the books here i have not told anyone to click or visit my site nor anyone i know is doing it.

From what i can tell it might be a bot or some other user with malafide intent.

So my question is how to i get any details as to where this Invalid Traffic is coming from so i can take measures to block it.

Is there any way in google analytics for this?

Any other information to prevent Invalid Traffic will also be helpful.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Locate and stop Invalid Traffic for adsense from analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
To answer your question, no, you cannot block traffic with Google Analytics. The best you can do is to filter it from appearing in GA reports. The clicks are going to adsense where they are being graded as invalid, so you would have to stop them on your Web server or Web site itself. Gogle Analytics is just a reporting tool.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay i know that analytics is a reporting tool, but is there a way to determine invalid traffic source so i can use that information to block it in my .htaccess file

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
To block it in the ,htaccess, you typically need the IP Address (not available in GA) or a unique UserAgent (partially available in Browser and Operating System information, but using webserver logs would be better),

Your challenge is to identify the invalid traffic by something that is unique to that traffic AND can be blocked in .htaccess. Google Analytics is not a lot of help there.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.