5.5K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Language not set

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My analytics data is being distorted by ?bots? which all have in common a bounce rate of 100%, a page visits figure of 1, a time elapsed measured in milliseconds and so on. How to filter them out? They all have one thing in common, the "Language" field is "Not set" in 100% of cases, whereas with genuine users it is set. Is there a way to filter out data arising from "Language: Not Set" users completely? I've tried using a filter with that setting via the admin functions for the site, but it didn't seem to work.

Re: Language not set

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your question.

Since it has been a couple of days let me know if you still need help and I shall assist you further.

Best,

Shannon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yup. No answer received, so would really like to do something about this. Otherwise my data is pretty much useless. I've a feeling a solution should be possible using filters, but I can't seem to make it work.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Richard,

Thanks for following up.

There's a popular article shared on the forum for eliminating spam as well as creating filters to do so:

http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/

If you need more assistance let me know.

Best,

Shannon