AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Language not set

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My analytics data is being distorted by ?bots? which all have in common a bounce rate of 100%, a page visits figure of 1, a time elapsed measured in milliseconds and so on. How to filter them out? They all have one thing in common, the "Language" field is "Not set" in 100% of cases, whereas with genuine users it is set. Is there a way to filter out data arising from "Language: Not Set" users completely? I've tried using a filter with that setting via the admin functions for the site, but it didn't seem to work.

Re: Language not set

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your question.

Since it has been a couple of days let me know if you still need help and I shall assist you further.

Best,

Shannon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yup. No answer received, so would really like to do something about this. Otherwise my data is pretty much useless. I've a feeling a solution should be possible using filters, but I can't seem to make it work.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Richard,

Thanks for following up.

There's a popular article shared on the forum for eliminating spam as well as creating filters to do so:

http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/

If you need more assistance let me know.

Best,

Shannon