Analytics
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Is this traffic legit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For the past 9 months, Google Analytics has shown a consistent stream of traffic to the Legal Information page on my site, ranging between 100-170 entry visits every month. This is surprisingly high for a such a low-priority page (and uninteresting!) page. I pulled the following datapoints about traffic to this page and am hoping someone can help me interpret the findings. It looks like some sort of spam traffic, but I can't say that with 100% certainty yet.

98% of traffic to the Legal Information page has the following attributes:

Device: Desktop

Browser: Chrome

Language: en-us

Network Domain: amazonaws.com

Service Provider: Hubspot

Audience: New Visitor

Has anyone seen something like this before?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Is this traffic legit?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, you are very probably being visited by one of Hubspot's robots, hosted on Amazon Web Services.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Is this traffic legit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Julien for your quick reply! Is this something I can filter out? It's skewing my traffic numbers and generating some questions... do you have any suggestions for how to proceed?

Is this traffic legit?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

A quick way to exclude those is to create a filter for your view that excludes traffic from network domain containing "amazon"

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Re: Is this traffic legit?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Filter definition per screenshot below:

exclude amazon.png