Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to see the keyword they searched in User Explorer?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I go through the User Explorer, I can see all kinds of useful data. I would like to know the keyword(s) they typed to get to my site. How do I see this?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Joe,

are you using adwords?  

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joe,

Not entirely sure, perhaps setting a custom dimension of client id at the user level scope and then applying a segment to match a specific client id might do the trick.

Thanks,

A

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes but not all leads are PPC.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it.

Re: Is there a way to see the keyword they searched in User Explorer?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

to see Keywords typed into your website, I would use google search console.

To look a specific keyword within the user Explorer I would create a segment that pulls out that particular keyword, then apply it to the 'user explore' - make sure that is the only segment you have.  

Hope that helps. 

Segment.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks but I just want the User Explorer to show the Keyword the user typed to get to my site. I know search will show all the keywords but it does not tie the words to specific Users in the explorer. It would be helpful if it did.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The keyword explorer doesn't display keyword data within it. The only way, I am aware of,  is to create segments on the keywords you want to look at and apply them to the user explorer.   

To make any actionable decisions based on what users do per 'keyword' would require a large sample of data you have - preferably years' worth.