AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Increase user engagement & Reducing bounce rate

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Can any one help me with Best practices for increase user engagement & reducing bounce rate  of website ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Increase user engagement & Reducing bounce rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shekhar,

There are many ways to reduce the bounce rate, all of these ways related to your website navigation.

try to drive visitor to navigate into your website pages with slide menus, banners, push notifications, etc...

you can check the below infographic it will be useful for you.

Thanks
Mohamed ElMoghazy

Re: Increase user engagement & Reducing bounce rate

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Off the top of my head answers:

- why do you have a website? What are your visitors supposed to do on it which will help them and your business? Understanding this will help you figure out what 'call to actions' your webpages need.

- what pages already perform well? Which perform poorly? Consider what can be changed on these - it could be navigation ( as suggested earlier) but also the position and supporting text of call to actions (see above) which are already on the page.

- where does your traffic to your site come from? It may be that certain channels have a much higher bounce rate than others. A high bounce rate from organic could suggest, for example, that your brandname is being confused with someone elses or that your pages are not optmised for the right keyword. A high bounce rate from paid search may suggest poor targeting or bad keyword choice.

I could go on but I'd suggest that by focusing on your customer's/visitor's needs, and then looking at how your pages service these, would be a great start.

Also - consider the fact that bounce rate can be a pretty blunt metric. It may be the case that you have pages where people routinely bounce but then come back later. You may also have entirely different segments of visitors (e.g. prospects and customers) who have entirely different behaviours. I'd also recommend comparing bounce rates of mobile and desktop visitors.

Phew - that was quite a lot and I hope some of it, at least, was useful. Let me know if you need anything else.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.