Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

How to remove Direct/None in source medium field of google analytics .I want to know from where us

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to remove Direct/None in source medium field of google analytics .I want to know from where us

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there - there's nothing inherently wrong with direct/(none); it simply means that there is no available campaign source/medium for those visitors. Depending on your website, this can mean that you have a loyal group of visitors who arrive on your site after writing your website address directly into their browser. However, it may be that you have significant amounts of traffic coming from sources, such as email, where you have no available campaign source - you could consider checking that, as far as possible, such links which point back to your site have campaign tracking parameters present. 

You can analyse the direct/none traffic to ensure that it is 'real' traffic and not spam by checking out the bounce rate, time on site and pages per visit metric - if these are, respectively, high, low and low then it may be that this traffic - or some of it -  is actually spam.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.