AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Exclude group of users by Geography

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are having an issue of fake traffic that all the standard filters are capturing. We are a low traffic, locally-focused site and we report every week so I am able to drill down every week and can identify "groups" of users (usually by country or city)  that I want to exclude. For example, I want to exclude all the users shown below from Brasil. Is there any way to exclude JUST this group of users from the geography screen? I know I can filter by country and setup segments by country, but I'd rather do it manually so I can review the specific traffic I'm excluding.

Capture.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Exclude group of users by Geography

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
You can apply an in table filter to the geography table

(in my examples I have included the countries I want to view, however you could do the opposite with the advanced filter shown after this and exclude a single or more than one country instead.

geofilter01.jpg

Alternatively you can apply an advanced filter using a regex to filter more than one country

geofilter02.jpg

geofilter03.jpg

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here