Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Direct Traffic Issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm having what seems to be an issue with direct/none traffic. This makes up the majority of the traffic to the site. 

They are using a marketing automation platform (Mind Matrix) for email marketing and social drip campaigns. They use their own shortened URLs that link back to their own site for tracking purposes. They don’t get a huge amount of clicks from the emails and social that they are aware of. 

The bounce rate is incredibly high, and the average session duration is almost nothing. 

Any input is appreciated. Here is what the last 30 days look like:

screenshot.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Direct Traffic Issues

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Sam,

This is probably bot traffic. Try to drill down a bit to find some patterns, browser version, flash version, city, etc, something that you could use to filter this traffic

Here is a related thread in the community,
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Referral-Spam-Traffic/Huge-amount-of-quot-fake-quot-visito...

Hope it helps,
Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me