Analytics
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Delete the Default "All Users" Segment for online and emailed reporting?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

I hope everyone's new year is off to a stellar start. We keep getting the referral language "secret.google. trump blah blah blah" referral spam on the default "All Users" segment. It's messing up client analytics reports that I send monthly and they can see this online when visiting analytics.google.com. We would very much like to get rid of it permanently and have added a new segment that takes care of that issue.

My question is, now that we have the segment that alleviates the spam, how do we get rid of it for standard online reporting and emailed reporting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Delete the Default "All Users" Segment for online and emailed reporting?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
You cant delete the system created segments but they can be removed from particular reports etc.
What you might find useful is  report shortcuts.
Shortcuts remember your settings so you don't have to reconfigure a report each time you open it. Any setting you apply to a report, like adding an advanced segment or a new metric, stays applied in a shortcut until you manually change the settings. The settings are saved even if you sign out and sign back in to your account. All report customizations and settings are saved in a shortcut except the date range.

The thing with shortcuts -

Each shortcut is only visible to the user who created it but can be shared using the Emailing and Exporting Reports function.

More info on report shortcuts here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2676996?hl=en

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here