Analytics
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Decrease in Traffic continously from last three months

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

From last three months, website traffic decreasing 20%-30%. The website is doing great in all organic ranking. I do not figure out what is the possible reason behind this traffic decrease. There are no changes in website. Please help me figure out the issue.

Thanks

Re: Decrease in Traffic continously from last three months

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Angela

The issue you are facing might be similar to what even I have faced some time before. Guess, if I'm not wrong you will get the solution from my suggestion.

It could be better if you can send the screen shots of the referral data you have got in the past 6 months. Because, the loss of traffic might be because of the unwanted spam referrals that you get into your analytics, though you haven't ever come across or submitted your site for listing in those websites. Please check for those occurrence of spam referrals in your data. FYI: Spam data might affect your organic as well as direct traffic sometimes. Please have a look into them as well for better understanding.

Once, if encountered with such occurrences then implement SEGMENTS or FILTERS to exclude the data from analysing and reporting or prevent from further occurrence of same spams in the future.

Else,

As Mr. Noman says, you might have problems with tracking code. Do check them first. Whether if they are present in all the pages of your site and same codes are placed everywhere.

Do, check if you have blocked any pages of your site recently, which might cause the problem.

Try submitting Sitemap in Search Console to solve in case of any indexing issues.

Hope this might be useful.

Thanks.

Re: Decrease in Traffic continously from last three months

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Angela,

if your traffic is continuously decreasing you can do check the following things.
check if the tracking id is working correctly
check the traffic sources, if organic traffic is doing great check others, direct, paid, referral, social
compare the new vs returning visitors
and finally check your web master tools if the search engine is crawling correctly, check for any other errors

if you had already done this please let us know and share your site url so i can further help you

cheers
Noman Karim