Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Channel named "Display"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a channel named Display under the channel list.

I understand Organic, direct, referral etc but I don`t really know what this display channel is all about and it`s annoying because it always generates 100% bounce rate traffic. 

Is there a way to remove my webiste from this channel?

Thanks 

Channel named "Display"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Smartcell S,

Display- Indicates traffic from display advertising, such as Google AdWords remarketing campaigns. Determined by medium of display, cpm, or banner, or in “Content” bucket of ad networks (indicating Google Display Network).

Might be you are running a display ad campaign  or baner campaign.Those traffic are counted in Display Channel. Please let know if you are running any display ad?

Hope this may help you.

Regards.

Channel named "Display"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run Adwords Express but there is nowhere to choose where it shows up, so I am not really sure how to remove that display channel.

Channel named "Display"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Smartcell,

If you stop Adwords you will stop getting that display traffic.

Howsoever you can keep display channel. Why to remove it..

Regards.

Channel named "Display"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to remove the display channel as it is always 100% bounce rate, meaning that it hurts my page position and is probably showing to a wrong audience. I would like to keep my AdWords alive as it brings business but that display thing brings problems. Is there a way to keep paid channel but to ditch the display channel.

Thank you