Analytics
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Learn to identify referral spam traffic, as well as best practices to reduce referral spam in your Google Analytics account

Guide Me
star_border

Can't delete an account (Trash can is greyed out)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

This is confusing to explain. At some point an Analytics account was created for www.ats.com.au. That's one of our websites. However, there's two different Analytics accounts for it, and two different UA numbers. Russian spam bots are somehow involved with one of these accounts, as it displays a 98% bounce rate and I can see the Location of traffic is mostly Russia. What's strange is when I go to in-page Analytics, sure enough it shows our website with the mentioned bounce rate etc, even though that's not the true information.  

Having said all of that, I now wish to delete this Analytics account affiliated with Russian spam bots,  but the Trash Can is greyed out. I have the option to delete other accounts if I want, which makes me suspicious as to why I can't delete this one. Is this related to the spam bots? How can we delete this and block these bots moving forward? So confusing!  

Re: Can't delete an account (Trash can is greyed out)

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sarah,
You need Edit permission to move an account to the Trash . Do you have edit permission? If not you won't be able to delete.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009696?hl=en

Thanks

Re: Can't delete an account (Trash can is greyed out)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Santosh, I just removed myself from the account instead.